Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Little Diva

Is it okay that I am still in complete shock, and utterly giddy that we have a little girl? Because I am. She's so stinking adorable, ALL THE TIME. The outfits get cuter every day, her little hairy head gets harrier. And now she's getting to that super squishy fun phase where she can roll over, and laugh, and eat mushed up fruit. She's just young enough that she's easy to please, but not old enough to throw fits. She loves her momma and would be delighted to snuggle all day long. She is a diva, no doubt about it. She snaps out of a dead sleep and flashes her blue eyes and giant grin at anyone who stops to comment on her (which frankly is getting a little inconvenient when it comes to napping... we get stopped A LOT due to her crazy hair). She is amazing. Looking at her makes all of the madness of growing her inside of me and fighting for her life every day just fade away. Once in a while I hear a song that brings it all back to the forefront of my mind (see lyrics here), and I fight back tears a little when I think about that time. It already seems so long ago... Grateful doesn't even begin to describe what I feel when I look at her.

So before I go spend the day sanding, stripping (paint), and staining the little Diva's dresser, I will slather you all in her cuteness.

I assure you, she's laughing (even though she looks/sounds slightly terrified)


Trying rice cereal for the first time.

"Let me just feel this stuff a little..."

"Yup, I like it!"

Hanging out with big bro. She was so delighted (not that you can tell).


No comments:

Post a Comment