Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Little Man!


Tomorrow my “little” man turns four. I'm trying not to be "that" mom... the one that balls her eyes out every time her child grows by a year. I am so unbelievably proud of the boy Jax is becoming, but a small part of me mourns the little Eskimo baby he used to be :) 

Four. For some reason hearing this number is a little bit surreal for me! I have a four year old. How did THAT happen?! I blinked and he turned from helpless infant to competent boy. He’s not a baby anymore. He’s not even a toddler. He’s a full blown kid with opinions, ideas, personality, and a crazy little boy sense of humor. He plays tricks on us and cracks fart jokes, and in the next minute holds my face between his hands and tells me he loves me. He would like nothing more than to bowl all day every day, and in his free time learn to pitch from the Giants. The day Jax was born was one of the happiest and most terrifying days of my life, and every day since has been an adventure I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Each March I can’t help but reflect on how much our lives changed the day Jax was born. March 6th was my very first day of being a mommy, being responsible for another human life, and of feeling true unconditional powerful love. March 6th was also the first day I heard the words “Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia (NAIT),” words that changed everything about how I view motherhood today. You can read Jax’s birth story here. Jax is a miracle, and every March it weighs on me just how close we were to losing him, and missing out on the incredible joy and honor it is to be his parents. We are truly blessed to have such an amazing little boy as our son! Happy fourth birthday Jax!

 One of the very first times I got to hold Jax :)

Jax's first Giants game!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are awesome. There is something about "4". It's definitely little boy and not toddler any more. *sniff*

    Happy birthday, Jax! We can't wait to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete