Friday, September 21, 2012

Calm Before the Storm

After meeting with our doctor on Thursday, and establishing that I am indeed 14 weeks pregnant (no my due date isn't wrong kind ultrasound tech, I just grow big babies, let it go!), we officially scheduled the beginning if my IVIG treatments. In two weeks I will begin the first of 42 IV infusions, each of which lasts between 4-6 hours. For the time being my treatments will be every Saturday and Sunday, but because we don't know how well my body will tolerate this dosage this may change. The best case scenerio is that I will have zero side effects, and be able to combine the two day treatments into one incredibly looooong day.

In the mean time, we are trying to enjoy the calm before the storm. We're taking a much needed trip camping as a family next weekend, which I couldn't be more excited for. This will be the first time we have taken the boys camping, and they're stoked!

We're planning our move into the new house for the third weekend in October. It seems so far away, but I'm realizing that really I only have a few weeks available to me for packing before our schedule goes haywire. I'm not entirely sure how Nolan plans to move our entire household, and keep the boys out of trouble, while I'm stuck at the hospital with an IV in my arm. Talk about feeling useless!!
Can we just skip to February now?

Here are a few pics of the new house:
This is our awesome teal front door :-)


And half of our amazing back yard

Our front patio (And the sweet ladies rerenting to us)


Architecturally awesome fireplace

Vintage chandelier 




No comments:

Post a Comment