Friday, October 17, 2008

So I guess this is it...

For those of you that have been following my blogs, we got the results from Nolan and I's blood tests today. We now know that there is a 100% chance of our next baby being effected by NAIT. There's no way around it, my body will attack the baby's platelets and without treatment the results could be very bad.

Obviously this is not the outcome we were hoping for. I had myself completely convinced that we would at least have a 50% shot at a normal pregnancy, so the call from the doctor has kind of thrown me off. I'm not really sure what to feel at this point, other than extremely thankful for the one healthy perfect baby I have. Things could be much worse... no one is telling me I can't have children, it's just going to be much more complicated and risky than I had imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment